Thursday, April 17, 2008

Less than a week now!

Okay, here's the story of the nativities. Yesterday I went back to Baghdadi's. (Aimee, Jared and I went out for a quick break from studying for the final.) When I looked at the nativity that we were planning on again, it looked huge (especially when I think about taking it home). Baghdadi showed me a small nativity made by the same maker (I really like the style done by this maker) for $100 dollars with the house. It was small but nice looking. I asked him if he had a medium sized one by the same maker. He did over on the other wall. It was just the right size for $175 without the house and $220 with it. (I think they were all out of medium and small ones when I went last time). I looked at all the pieces carefully. I like all the faces except how the Jesus looked so he gave me some others to choose from. Aimee found another one just sitting on the shelf underneath that had a really good face so I put that one in the manger it looked good (I don't know if he knew I took that one). The salesman got me to add another shepherd (A younger one kneeling down) but the camel he tried to add didn't match. After hand picking everything I really liked the set. (Oh no, I think I want this one for myself.) I asked him if he had any more of this style (same maker) and this size. He said this was the last one but no problem they could ship it to me (that costs 25 or 50 dollars!). He said they were expecting to get 6 more on Saturday, hopefully, from the maker. (I have his card so I'm going to call him saturday and find out if they got more). Anyway on with the story. I don't like the house with the music box in it but he pulled out another house that looked like a grotto but still had a palm tree on it. I put it all together. I like how this one looked although it didn't hold all the figures (some had to be outside), which is different so I like. I asked him how much for it all, he said $250. The whole set with the other house was $220. Aimee told him that didn't make sense because the other house was bigger (more wood) and was only $220 (although I had added a shepherd). He said the grotto house was nicer. We didn't give in and eventually he said okay to $220. Baghdadi boxed it up and we left. So now the question is. Should I go get another one? Do you like the medium size, or still the big and do you like the house? I'm a little worried about weight coming back in my bag. When I walked out of the store carrying the nativity Jared said I looked like I was going to fall over, a little off balance (he ended up carrying it home). I think it weighs maybe more than 10 pounds! Have a look at my picture and let me know what you think. There are also more designs at Omars but I think I like this one (they all have their pros and cons).
I just took my Near Eastern Studies final this morning. It was a hard test, that pretty much covers the history of everthing. I learned a lot studying for it the last two days. Tonight we are having our Seder (passover) dinner. I'm singing one of the songs in Hebrew with a group of girls. It should be a really cool experience. I'm really behind in New Testament now so I'm going to go read. Later!

No comments: